commons-user mailing list archives

From "Tom Muldoon" <...@firstbest.com>
Subject [Configuration] getList returns an empty list if the underlying configuration file is touched
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2007 22:54:08 GMT
Hi,

I'm running into a problem in which the getList operation returns an
empty List if and when the underlying configuration file is updated (I
am leveraging the FileChangedReloadingStrategy). I am using Commons
Configuration 1.4 with the DefaultConfigurationBuilder in conjunction
with the XPathExpressionEngine. Please note, other operations, getString
for example, work fine.

Here's an excerpt from my configuration.xml file ...

    <xml fileName="retroplan-config.xml" config-name="retroplan"
config-optional="true" throwExceptionOnMissing="false">
        <reloadingStrategy refreshDelay="1000"
config-class="org.apache.commons.configuration.reloading.FileChangedRelo
adingStrategy"/>
    </xml>

So, with that said, are there known issues with the 1.4 implementation
of the FileChangedReloadingStrategy and/or the getList operation that
would explain this behavior?

Thanks, Tom