commons-user mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DBCP] The org.apache.commons.dbcp.managed classes
Date Thu, 27 Dec 2007 21:49:10 GMT
On Dec 26, 2007 2:48 PM, Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> wrote:
> Spies, Brennan wrote:
> > Mark,
> >
> > OK. I guess the source is simple enough that it should not be hard to simply
> > use/debug it. I assume that these classes, like DBCP, were also meant to be
> > used in a non-app server environment...

Yes, DBCP is supposed to be a general purpose connection pool.

> I also assume this but I don't know.
>
> > Does this mean that they are intended to be released as part of DBCP 1.3?
>
> Again, I assume so...
>
> Sorry I can't be more definite.

I am +1 for getting these classes into a 1.3 DBCP release.  If someone
else wants to step up to put together a release plan and RM a 1.3
release including these classes , I will be happy to help.  I would
also do the RM work myself, but it will take me a little while, since
I am am backed up at the moment with pool 1.4 and math 1.2.

Phil