commons-user mailing list archives

From "Schuler, Michael" <Michael.Schu...@fujitsu-siemens.com>
Subject Question to Deamon Subproject
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2007 15:46:12 GMT
Hello,

I have read some documentation about the Jakarta Commons Daemon project and have some questions.
I am working as a software developer.

1-       as I found in the description the Java application that is to be installed as a Windows
Service (or UNIX daemon) must implement the Daemon interface.

2-       I also found the remark that any Windows Service may be installed using Jakarta daemon.
Here am confused since this is in contrast to 1- Is 1- really a requirement ?

3-       What is the difference between stopMode=java and stopMode=jvm ?

Thank you very much for your answer.
Michael