commons-user mailing list archives

From Paul Spencer <pau...@apache.org>
Subject [commons-net] Think I may have hit the ftp hanging problem - (NET-160 and/or NET-152)
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2007 20:36:45 GMT
I am using a Timer to run a task which retrieves files via FTPClient
(v1.4.0) inside a webapp running on Tomcat.  The application/webapp runs
24 hours a day.  Periodically the task will hang, thus no additional
files will be retrieved.  Although I do not have a thread dump, the
problem sounds like issues NET-152 and NET-160.  From reviewing the
mailing list, it appears their has been some progress on resolving the
above issues, and others related to "hanging".

I was wondering if their is a pending release for JDK 1.4?

Would that release include a fix for the above issues?

Paul Spencer