commons-user mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [BeanUtils] BeanUtils and Introspector
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2007 20:23:26 GMT
Just added a few comments to Simon's comments:

simon wrote:

> Note that this would allow you to dynamically add a property to *class
> Foo*, but not to an *instance* of class Foo. AFAIK that was simply never
> expected by the javabeans spec designers and I doubt that will ever be
> possible.

The same is true for the instances of an EMF EClass.  You would have
to the EClass instance first, then use the EClass instance to create
and instance of the Object the EClass instance represents.  Then you could
use eGet and eSet to get and set the properties you added to the eClass.  So
it sounds like the two processes are very similar.

I think Tuscany SDO supports
adding properties to an existing instance at runtime.  I think that is
what the type being "Open" means...  There's more info here:

http://java.sys-con.com/read/358059.htm

Cheers,
- Ole