commons-user mailing list archives

From "Spies, Brennan" <Brennan.Sp...@ejgallo.com>
Subject RE: [DBCP] The org.apache.commons.dbcp.managed classes
Date Wed, 26 Dec 2007 21:37:55 GMT
Mark,

OK. I guess the source is simple enough that it should not be hard to simply
use/debug it. I assume that these classes, like DBCP, were also meant to be
used in a non-app server environment...

Does this mean that they are intended to be released as part of DBCP 1.3?

Brennan Spies
Sr. Programmer Analyst
Shared Application Services

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Thomas [mailto:markt@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2007 11:18 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: [DBCP] The org.apache.commons.dbcp.managed classes

Spies, Brennan wrote:
> a)       How stable / well-tested these classes are?

I don't really know. There are some unit tests and there appears to have
been at least one JIRA issue addressed. This would suggest at least some
testing.

> b)       Which TLP the source has been moved to?

The whole of commons moved to a TLP (it was in Jakarta)

As ever, patches (especially with unit tests or more unit tests) are always
welcome.

Mark