commons-user mailing list archives

From simon <simon.kitch...@chello.at>
Subject Re: inputFileUpload dont decode!!
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2007 22:17:56 GMT

On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 10:29 -0800, Rogerio Eduardo Oliveira wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Im new with JSF and tomahawk and dont know what could be happen with my page. I put the
tag <t:inputFileUpload> in my page and it dont appear. Anyone already have this problem?
I use the tomahawk.jar (versão 1.1.6) and commons-fileuploader(1.2).

To use tomahawk with facelets, you need to create and place in your
webapp an appropriate facelets taglib file.

This is unfortunately not an easy process. See the myfaces wiki for more
information; a link to the wiki can be found on the main myfaces
website.

When facelets finds an xml tag in a page that it does *not* recognise as
a jsf tag, it just copies the data literally to the output. As you can
see, your html output contains an t:inputFileUpload tag. What should be
there is the html that a t:inputFileUpload component renderer generates,
but facelets doesn't realise that it should create and render a
component for this tag because there is no installed tomahawk taglib.

And a web-browser always just ignores elements that it doesn't know
about, so the bad html output looks ok when rendered.

Regards,

Simon