commons-user mailing list archives

From "MERLIN Bertrand" <bertrand.mer...@laposte.fr>
Subject [email]Email.setfrom differs in 1.1
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2007 15:27:32 GMT
hello,

i'm actually using  javamail 1.2 + commons email 1.0 in an business
application

We don't want to enforce users to provide valid from adresses. It's not a
serious problem because the mail is still delivered.

We need an evolution and it's the good time to upgrade to javamail 1.4.1 +
commons email 1.1 ...

But mails are no more delivered because of the :

            // run sanity check on new InternetAddress object; if this fails
            // it will throw AddressException.
            address.validate();

            in Email.createInternetAddress

With  javamail 1.4.1 +  commons email 1.0, it's still work ...

Is there any way to bypass the control ?

Don't you think that sanity chek is always good for <ReplyTo> but may be
discussed for <From> ?

thank you for your work and enduring my frenchy way of talking.