commons-user mailing list archives

From Andrés M. Luna <and...@digiworks.com.mx>
Subject RE: get image dimensions before upload?
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2007 18:01:35 GMT
Hi,

Is simple, in your code add

        boolean isMultipart = ServletFileUpload.isMultipartContent(request);
        FileItemFactory factory = new DiskFileItemFactory();
        ServletFileUpload upload = new ServletFileUpload(factory);
        List items=null;
	  int width = 0;
	  int height = 0;
        items = upload.parseRequest(request);
        Iterator iter = items.iterator();
        while (iter.hasNext()) {
            FileItem item = (FileItem) iter.next();

		//Validation code
		Image imageDimens = new ImageIcon(item.get()).getImage();
		width = imageDimens.getWidth(null);
		height = imageDimens.getHeight(null);

		if (width == 100 & height == 150) {
	            File uploadedFile = new File("image.gif");
      	      item.write(uploadedFile);
		}

You need add in the import statements

import java.awt.Image;