commons-user mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject [vfs] FTP File is Not a File?
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2007 01:52:31 GMT
I accidentally posted this on the dev list earlier.  I meant to send
it to user@.  Sorry for cross-posting.

Can someone else try this out, please?  I don't know what's going on
here.  I can access the file by pasting the URL into my browser(s) and
via a text-based FTP client, but I can't get Java to download it.  I
tried using URL objects and that doesn't work either.  I figured VFS
would be able to handle it:

FileSystemManager fsm = VFS.getManager();
FileObject fo =
fsm.resolveFile("ftp://rgd.mcw.edu/pub/data_release/README.txt");
fo.getContent();

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.  Thanks.