commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] SCXMLDigester vs. SCXMLParser
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2007 00:36:32 GMT
On 11/28/07, Ingmar Kliche <ingmar.kliche@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Resending this with [SCXML] prefix. Sorry.
>
> ---
> It appears that the two classes doing quite similar things. But I did not
> found an indication which one to use to parse an SCXML document into a
> statemachine. It's only that a lot of the functions of SCXMLDigester are
> marked as depricated. Does this mean one should prefer to use the
> SCXMLParser? If so, why is the SCXMLDigester still there?

<snip/>

That has to do partly with the fact that the schema changed between
WDs (the content model of <parallel> is one example, and probably the
most prominent change). In other words, the parser needed to be
informed what WD your SCXML documents are based on. Additionally, I
didn't like the original name (SCXMLDigester) and took this
opportunity to rename it, while we're still in 0.x releases.

To summarize:
 * SCXMLDigester represents the Jul 05 WD, and will be removed in v1.0
(its still there because we want to give folks the opportunity to
continue to use it until the next major release)
 * SCXMLParser represents the newer version. This will be updated as needed.

-Rahul