commons-user mailing list archives

From ddelpo...@wi.rr.com
Subject VFS - How to create a zip file
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 18:38:11 GMT
Is anyone aware if commons-vfs provides a way to zip up FileObject
objects?  I have been unable to find documentation.  I am currently
using code (very incomplete listing below) like the following to zip up
files:

ZipOutputStream out = new ZipOutputStream(new FileOutputStream(tempFile));

The problem with this more "standard" approach is that I am unable to
write my output stream directly to anything other than the local file
system.  I would like the option to write zipped files directly to an
ftp, smb, etc. file system, thereby avoiding using the extra disk space
on the local pc where the application is being run.

Any help/insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dean