commons-user mailing list archives

From stephane.demur...@bnpparibas.com
Subject [dbcp] Error when closing a connection
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 10:27:24 GMT
Hi all !

I'm using a SharedDataPool and when I try to close the Connection to
return it to the pool at some point, I get the following exception:

Exception in thread "pool-7-thread-1" java.lang.IllegalStateException:
close() was called on a Connection, but I have no record of the underlying
PooledConnection.
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.KeyedCPDSConnectionFactory.connectionClosed(KeyedCPDSConnectionFactory.java:265)
        at
com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybPooledConnection.notifyListeners(SybPooledConnection.java:225)
        at
com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybConnectionProxy.close(SybConnectionProxy.java:106)
        at
com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybPooledConnection.reAssignProxy(SybPooledConnection.java:246)
        at
com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybPooledConnection.getConnection(SybPooledConnection.java:106)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.InstanceKeyDataSource.getConnection(InstanceKeyDataSource.java:691)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.InstanceKeyDataSource.getConnection(InstanceKeyDataSource.java:653)

I use dbcp-1.2.2 with sybase jConnect 6.05 and I don't understand the
problem ... who is the culprit: the driver, dbcp or me?
If I do not return this connection to the pool, I'm endin up quickly
without any connection left :-/

Thanks for helping me.

Best regards,

--St├ęphane