commons-user mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: [dbcp] Error when closing a connection (maybe DBCP-216?)
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2007 06:15:15 GMT
After running some tests and looking carefully again at the stack
traces above, I think that while removing the listener on destroy per
DBCP-216 is a good idea and will resolve this problem, the reason that
it has not been reported up to now is most likely that (assuming I am
understanding the stack traces correctly - unfortunately I can find no
documentation for the Sybase classes) the driver is indirectly
generating a questionable connectionClosed event when the
SybPooledConnection closes the SybConnectionProxy.  See
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=884 for an argument for why this is
questionable.  IIUC, your second stack trace (triggered by
destroyObject) matches the bug repoorted there.

In any case, we should clean up listeners better in DBCP.  I will do
that.  Thanks again for reporting this.

Phil