commons-user mailing list archives

From Coppens Benoît (All4IT) <Benoit.Copp...@UCB-Group.com>
Subject [email] Emails sent through James and Exchange differ
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2007 14:04:05 GMT
Hi,

It seems that sending the same email through different servers produces different results.

I'm sending the same HtmlEmail through James and Exchange.
In both cases I'm using Outlook 2003 to read the emails.

For the James test, the result is correct: I see the HTML version of the email
For the Exchange test, the result is not correct: I see the text version of the email and
the HTML version is attached.

FYI:
james.txt: debug session between my app and James
exchange.txt: debug session between my app and Exchange.
james.png: result in Outlook of the James test
exchange.png: result in Outlook of the Exchange test

Is is a known issue? How to solve it?
I'm using commons-email-1.1.jar and the following java code:

-----------
HtmlEmail email = new HtmlEmail();
email.setDebug(true);
email.setHostName(KmetInit.getEmailServer());
email.setFrom(emailAddress);
email.addTo(emailAddress);
email.setCharset("UTF-8");
email.setSubject(document.getTitle());
email.setMsg(emailHtmlBody.toString());
email.setTextMsg(emailTextBody.toString());
email.send();
-----------

Thanks,
Benoit

Benoit Coppens • Senior Consultant
UCB <http://www.ucb-group.com/>  - Global Medical Information Stream
Chemin du Foriest - 1420 Braine-l'Alleud - Belgium •  (  +32 2 386 25 71 •  7  +32 2 386
32 44 •  *   benoit.coppens@ucb-group.com
All4IT <http://www.all4it.com/>
Drève Richelle 161 - 1410 Waterloo - Belgium •  (  +32 2 609 51 20 •  7  +32 2 609 51
38 •  *  bcoppens@all4it.com
P  Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this email!

Legal Notice: This electronic mail and its attachments are intended solely for the person(s)
to whom they are addressed and contain information which is confidential or otherwise protected
from disclosure, except for the purpose for which they are intended. Dissemination, distribution,
or reproduction by anyone other than the intended recipients is prohibited and may be illegal.
If you are not an intended recipient, please immediately inform the sender and return the
electronic mail and its attachments and destroy any copies which may be in your possession.
UCB screens electronic mails for viruses but does not warrant that this electronic mail is
free of any viruses. UCB accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted
by this electronic mail. (Ref: #*UG1107)