commons-user mailing list archives

From Doug Breaux <bre...@users.sourceforge.net>
Subject [fileupload] Async operation timed out
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 18:29:18 GMT
I'm using a Spring CommonsMultipartResolver around it, but I think the
underlying Exception is coming from FileUpload:

org.springframework.web.multipart.MultipartException: Could not parse
multipart servlet request;nested exception is
org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase$IOFileUploadException: Processing
of multipart/form-data request failed. Async operation timed out

I've posted to the Spring forums, but thus far haven't received any ideas there.

This happens for one particular customer who is attempting to upload a 3-7MB
file to us, and even then doesn't happen every time.  I suspect some kind of
network infrastructure issue, but really don't have any idea even what to
check.  I've enabled DEBUG logging for the appropriate Spring and Commons
packages, but still don't see anything that helps me understand what is happening.

Thankyou for any assistance,
Doug