commons-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject [JEXL] 1.1 Access to static methods
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 15:59:42 GMT
The comments for bug JEXL-3 seem to imply that access to static
methods has been implemented in JEXL 1.1

However I could not find any documentation on how to reference static
methods on the Jexl site.

A web search revealed that one can get access to System methods using
code such as:

jexlVars.put("System", System.class);

which then allows one to use System.currentTimeMillis() in the JEXL script.

Is this the only method of accessing static methods?

I.e. does one have to provide a context variable for each class from
which one might want to use static methods?

Or is there some other means of referencing static methods that does
not require pre-setting the context with every possible class?