commons-user mailing list archives

From simon <simon.kitch...@chello.at>
Subject Re: commons-logging jar keeps tomcat process runing
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2007 20:40:03 GMT
Yes, the ServletContextListener approach documented there in the wiki is
certainly worth a try.

In the almost-released version of commons-logging, a class is included
in the jar to implement exactly this:
  org.apache.commons.logging.impl.ServletContextCleaner.

I suggest you download the commons-logging 1.1.1 release candidate and
configure the class as a ServletContextListener for your app and see
what happens. Whether it resolves the problem or not, it would be
appreciated if you emailed this list with info about the result.

See:
http://people.apache.org/~dennisl/

Hmm..we should probably have published a 1.1.1-snapshot to the apache
maven snapshot repo, but looks like this has never been done. Ah well,
the release is coming very soon...

Regards,

Simon

On Tue, 2007-11-20 at 20:00 +0100, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> Have a look at the second last entry in the FAQ at
>    http://wiki.apache.org/commons/Logging/FrequentlyAskedQuestions
> "A memory leak occurs when undeploying/redeploying a webapp that uses
> Commons Logging. How do I fix this?"
>
> I don't know it is what you are looking for, but it's worth a try.
>
> Vaduvoiu Tiberiu wrote:
> > Hi, I have a small axis application that queries a web service. The application
need commons-logging jar. Everything works ok but when I try to stop tomcat, the process is
still running. If i delete commons-logging jar then tomcat stops normally. I don't know what
can cause this. I tried using several versions of commons-logging, I tried deleteing commons-logging
jar from web-inf/lib and copying commons-logging-api in tomcat/lib but still same problem.
tomcat process is still running after executing shutdown.sh. I am running tomcat 6.0 on Ubuntu.
Does anyone know what can cause this problem or how can I solve it? 10x a lot in advance