commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SCXML
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2007 06:14:11 GMT
On 10/23/07, daniel.lipp@baloise.ch <daniel.lipp@baloise.ch> wrote:
> Hi threre,
>
> I'd like to know the state of SCXML: is it still under developement or is
> it dead? Anyone an idea about when we can expect a 1.0 version?

<snip/>

The 0.x release version numbers so far are meant to signify that the
W3C specification is a Working Draft. The library's core APIs are
quite stable, and gratuitous changes are not anticipated in v1.0. The
initial thinking was to aim for a v1.0 sometime after the spec goes
candidate rec, and that still holds.

Development has slowed down, and understandably so, since we are
mostly at par with the latest draft (mostly since we exclude some
optional bits). Obviously, this may change as newer drafts appear. For
now, usual code housekeeping should continue, with the intent of
proposing the bits for the next release (v0.7) in a couple of months.

-Rahul