commons-user mailing list archives

From "Wm.A.Stafford" <staff...@marine.rutgers.edu>
Subject DBCP = What replaces the deprecated methods in dbcp 1.2?
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 14:33:33 GMT
I'm trying to track down a connection leak and/or abandoned pool
deadlock that started when we moved from an Oracle specific data source
to dbcp 1.0.  When a web search  turned up a couple of messages
referencing the same problem we are seeing i.e. threads that called
getConnection are in wait state, we added abandoned pool config and
logging via calls to the abandoned pool config methods  We are going to
move to dbcp1.2.2 and I was looking at the JavaDocs to see what might
need to be changed and I noticed that all of the methods associated with
the abandoned pool are now deprecated.  What replaces them?

Thanks,
Bill