commons-user mailing list archives

From "Wm.A.Stafford" <staff...@marine.rutgers.edu>
Subject DBCP - Where does logAbandoned log?
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2007 18:50:05 GMT
I am trying to track down a connection leak in a Tomcat app that uses
dbcp.  I was hoping that logging abandoned connections would give some
clue as to where the leak is occurring.  I set logAbandoned to be true
and removeAbandonedTimeout to 30. I  added Connection c =
getConnection() with no c.close() to a servlet.  I was expecting to see
some sort of logging whenever this servlet handled a request but I have
seen nothing in any of the usual logs.  Where do the stack traces get
logged?  Is my test case sufficient to cause logging?  I am using dbcp1.2.2.

Thanks,
-=bill