commons-user mailing list archives

From "Wm.A.Stafford" <staff...@marine.rutgers.edu>
Subject Re: DBCP - What is this thread dump telling me?
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2007 13:06:06 GMT
Filip,
    Thanks for the reply.  I have my doubts about unclosed connections
as the cause because this application ran for a year using an Oracle
DataSource class with no problems.  We moved to DPCP in order to support
non-oracle DBs and that is when the problem started.

    If the problem was simply running out of connections would there be
all these threads in wait state?   getConnecton() throws an SQLException
if it can't get a connection.  Wouldn't that case apply if there were no
connections available?  Based on the thread dump the problem seems to be
related to a locked object that the getConnection logic is trying to access.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated,
-=beeky