commons-user mailing list archives

From "richard head" <dut...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: VFS copyFrom() Does Not Include Source in Directory Copy
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 20:08:44 GMT

>I don't think this is a bug.  The c:\out directory now contains the
>same contents that the c:\in directory contained.  Therefore, c:\out
>is a copy of c:\in.

In this case it is because c:\out contained no children prior to the
copyFrom() call.  If c:\out did contain children, copyFrom() would not
render c:\out as a copy of c:\in.

>The copyFrom method doesn't copy the source file
>into the destination file.  It makes the destination file a copy of
>the source file.

Humm, when you copy, you're copying a files contents. Directories contents
are other files, so this does hold true, yet the destination directory is
then not a copy, since any files that were in existence in the destination
prior to the copy remain.

In any case, the copyFrom() method takes a FileSelector, so what gets copied
is at the callers discretion. In my case, I used Selectors.SELECT_ALL, so
everything should be selected.