commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <simon.kitch...@chello.at>
Subject Re: betwixt 0.8: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.commons.collections.ArrayStack: method <init>(I)V not found
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2007 16:12:14 GMT
---- Simon Kitching <simon.kitching@chello.at> schrieb:

> ---- acec acec <tomcatacec@yahoo.ca> schrieb:
> > I am using maven, in my pom.xml, I have the follows:
> >
> > <commons-betwixt-version>0.8</commons-betwixt-version>
> >
> > <dependency>
> > 			<groupId>commons-betwixt</groupId>
> > 			<artifactId>commons-betwixt</artifactId>
> > 			<version>${commons-betwixt-version}</version>
> > 			<scope>provided</scope>
> >
> > </dependency>
> >
> > But when I was running my software, I got :
> > Exception in thread "main"
> > java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> > org.apache.commons.collections.ArrayStack: method
> > <init>(I)V not found
> >
> > Do I need to a explicit dependency of commons
> > collection?
>
> Odd.
>
> Betwixt 0.8 has a dependency on BeanUtils1.7. For historical reasons, BeanUtils 1.7 contains
a copy of that class. So you should have the class available.

> BeanUtils 1.8-beta removes this class, so if you are using that then for some reason
then yes you do have to add commons-collections in as a dependency.

Ah. I see you've got the scope set to 'provided'. So you're explicitly telling maven not to
managed dependencies for you. In that case you need to ensure that beanutils1.7 is available.

Regards,

Simon