commons-user mailing list archives

From "Wabner, Thomas (EXT)" <thomas.wabner....@siemens.com>
Subject [commons-configuration] - overloading a properties configuration
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2007 15:54:09 GMT
Hi,

I have following problem:

Test1=test1

Test2=test2

The I have a file B.property which have properties:

Test2=test3

What I want is to first load file A.properties and then "overloading" the file B.properties.
The resulting configuration object should look like

Test1=test1

Test2=test3

But if I use the load() method from the PropertiesConfiguration I got a configuration object
which looks like

Test1=test1

Test2=test2, test3

Now the question: If there is another method or trigger do not append the second property
but to override it?

Many thanks

- waffel

Mit freundlichem Gruß / Best regards

Thomas Wabner

Siemens AG
Automation and Drives, A&D CoC Sales Configuration

SPICE - Service & Support

Tel.    : +49 (341) 4470-657
mailto:lpz.ipcbasis.aud@siemens.com <mailto:holger.riecke@siemens.com>
<http://www.siemens.com/automation> https://workspace.automation.siemens.com/alias/config
<https://workspace.automation.siemens.com/alias/config>

Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Gerhard Cromme;
Managing Board: Peter Löscher, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer;
Johannes Feldmayer, Heinrich Hiesinger, Joe Kaeser, Rudi Lamprecht, Eduardo Montes,
Juergen Radomski, Erich R. Reinhardt, Hermann Requardt, Uriel J. Sharef, Klaus Wucherer;
Registered offices: Berlin and Munich;
Commercial registries: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, Munich, HRB 6684
WEEE-Reg.-No. DE 23691322