commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [ configuration ] setting top-level attributes
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2007 19:57:22 GMT
Bond - James D. wrote:
> Hopefully this is a simple one.  I have a semi-non-standard xml file that
> has attributes in the Top-level element and I'm not able to set the
> attributes on it.  How would I do that with XMLConfiguration?  I tried the
> following but it didn't work:
>
> xmlCfg.setProperty("[@payloadID]", ""+System.currentTimeMillis());

Hm, your code should work. I added the following unit test, which runs
successful:

     /**
      * Tests setting an attribute on the root element.
      */
     public void testSetRootAttribute() throws ConfigurationException
     {
         conf.setProperty("[@test]", "true");
         assertEquals("Root attribute not set", "true", conf
                 .getString("[@test]"));
         conf.save(testSaveConf);
         XMLConfiguration checkConf = new XMLConfiguration();
         checkConf.setFile(testSaveConf);
         assertTrue("Attribute not found after save", checkConf
                 .containsKey("[@test]"));
     }

(where conf is a XMLConfiguration). As you can see, I also only specify
the attribute part of the key.

Can you double-check with this code? Or can you provide an example code
fragment, which does not work?

Oliver