commons-user mailing list archives

From "Wm.A.Stafford" <staff...@marine.rutgers.edu>
Subject DBCP - behavior of dbcp when db is restarted
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 20:12:50 GMT
We are using DBCP in a refactored web application that, in the past,
used a locally written connection pool.  This original pool always
checked a connection object to see if it was NULL before handing it
out.  I was told that this was because the  DB was unstable at one point
and the pool was handing out connections that were null after a db restart.

I would like to know if this is an issue with DBCP.  I can't image that
it would be, this seems like a common enough situation.  However, the
higher ups are concerned that we have subtracted functionality by using
DBCP.

Thanks,
-=bill