commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [commons-configuration] - overloading a properties configuration - solved
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2007 19:47:27 GMT
Wabner, Thomas (EXT) wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I have solved this problem for myself.
>
> After reading the complete documentation I have found the ConfigurationUtils#copy() method.
This method does what I want ;-)

> - waffel

Hello,

ConfigurationUtils#copy() is certainly a good solution for simple use cases.

For more complex scenarios DefaultConfigurationBuilder might be an
alternative. This class allows you to specify an arbitrary number of
configurations to be loaded and how they should be combined. The class
is fully covered in the user guide [1].

Oliver

[1]
http://commons.apache.org/configuration/userguide/howto_configurationbuilder.html#Using_DefaultConfigurationBuilder

> Mit freundlichem Gruß / Best regards
>

> Thomas Wabner
>
> Siemens AG
> Automation and Drives, A&D CoC Sales Configuration
>
> SPICE - Service & Support
>
> Tel.    : +49 (341) 4470-657
> mailto:lpz.ipcbasis.aud@siemens.com
> https://workspace.automation.siemens.com/alias/config
>
> Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Gerhard Cromme;
> Managing Board: Peter Löscher, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer;
> Johannes Feldmayer, Heinrich Hiesinger, Joe Kaeser, Rudi Lamprecht, Eduardo Montes,
> Juergen Radomski, Erich R. Reinhardt, Hermann Requardt, Uriel J. Sharef, Klaus Wucherer;
> Registered offices: Berlin and Munich;
> Commercial registries: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, Munich, HRB 6684
> WEEE-Reg.-No. DE 23691322

The resulting configuration object should look like