commons-user mailing list archives

From "Sarrica, Gregory" <Gregory.Sarr...@LibertyMutual.com>
Subject NNTP xover command
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2007 12:29:39 GMT
Can someone explain to me how to use the xover command in the NNTP
protocol?
I keep getting a "org.apache.commons.net.MalformedServerReplyException :
Truncated server reply: ." exception whenever I run it.

For example:

Try{
	//firstArticle is an int equaling the first article in the news
group
	nntpConnection.selectArticle(firstArticle);
	do{
		// if you do not send a string then the currently
selected article's xover 		// information is received.
		nntpConnection.xover("");
		System.out.println(nntpConnection.getReply());
		System.out.println(nntpConnection.getReplyString());
	}while(nntpConnection.selectNextArticle ());
    }catch(Exception e)
        {
            System.out.println(e);
        }

This will run once and return the xover response for the first article
but dies after the first loop. With the
"org.apache.commons.net.MalformedServerReplyException : Truncated server
reply: ." exception.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance!