commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <simon.kitch...@chello.at>
Subject Re: betwixt 0.8: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.commons.collections.ArrayStack: method <init>(I)V not found
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2007 16:09:39 GMT

---- acec acec <tomcatacec@yahoo.ca> schrieb:
> I am using maven, in my pom.xml, I have the follows:
>
> <commons-betwixt-version>0.8</commons-betwixt-version>
>
> <dependency>
> 			<groupId>commons-betwixt</groupId>
> 			<artifactId>commons-betwixt</artifactId>
> 			<version>${commons-betwixt-version}</version>
> 			<scope>provided</scope>
>
> </dependency>
>
> But when I was running my software, I got :
> Exception in thread "main"
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.apache.commons.collections.ArrayStack: method
> <init>(I)V not found
>
> Do I need to a explicit dependency of commons
> collection?

Odd.

Betwixt 0.8 has a dependency on BeanUtils1.7. For historical reasons, BeanUtils 1.7 contains
a copy of that class. So you should have the class available.

BeanUtils 1.8-beta removes this class, so if you are using that then for some reason then
yes you do have to add commons-collections in as a dependency.

Regards,

Simon