commons-user mailing list archives

From Joe Lam <>
Subject [Email] embed() is locking my image files
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 08:23:26 GMT

I am sending email with embeded image. the image is local files, not online
image like thoe examples in official site. everything goes fine except the
local image files are locked (cannot delete/update). of course I can delete
the file after I shutdown the server (tomcat).

the codes are like:

File image = something...
URL url = new URL("file:///"+image.getAbsolutePath());
String filename = image.getName();
String cid = embed(url, filename);
... insert cid in the html mail content

anyone know why the local image files are being locked??
sound like forget to close() something. but the commons email API is pretty
simple. hardly to find something to close :confused:

Thank you very much.

Sent from the Commons - User mailing list archive at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message