commons-user mailing list archives

From noon <rami.muurim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DBCP maxActive
Date Sun, 02 Sep 2007 08:58:19 GMT

Hi Phil,

Thanks for you quick reply.

I kind of knew this, but just wanted that some Pro or Guru would proof that
:)

I don't know yet what causes the performance issues in my application. I
just started to investigate all the issues that might cause this and the
size of the DB pool is one of them. The symtoms of the issues our customer
is having, sounds like the problem was with the database... when user makes
a request to DB, it takes some time to get the reply... just like the
connection pool would have reached the "exhausted" state or something else.

Do you know is there any good technique to log the state of the connection
pool? how many active connections there are and how many of them are in use
or free etc. I checked the source code and I didn't find any logging rows of
anykind from the source (commons pool and commons dbcp projects).