commons-user mailing list archives

From Russel Winder <rus...@russel.org.uk>
Subject Re: commons-cli 1.1 mutliple arguments
Date Sun, 02 Sep 2007 10:46:10 GMT
On Sun, 2007-09-02 at 10:50 +0100, sebb wrote:
> On 02/09/07, Russel Winder <russel@russel.org.uk> wrote:

> > Is Avalon CLI the same thing as Commons CLI 2.x ?
>
> No - it was originally part of Avalon/Excalibur.
> As that project was defunct as far as I could tell, I extracted the
> code to fix if for JMeter.

So you didn't think Commons CLI was usable then :-(

I had thought the Avalon CLI and the Commons CLI projects had come
together to try and create a single CLI project for Apache Commons.  It
seems thought hat people are going back to doing their own thing.

I guess there is a lot of dithering going on.  Two aspects:

	1.  Annotations or not.
	2.  Fix Commons CLI or start again.

For Groovy, annotations is not an option in the short term, but is in
the long term.

It would be nice if people dropped their home brewed CLI libraries and
made one de facto standard.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder                       t: +44 20 7585 2200