commons-user mailing list archives

From "Janene McCrillis" <Janene_McCril...@natureserve.org>
Subject Transferring results from ServletFileUpload
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2007 16:14:38 GMT
My apologies if this posts twice - my first attempt from yesterday seems
to have gone astray.  Janene

88888888

I have implemented a ServletFileUpload for my web application, using the
example from here:

http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2003/06/25/commons.html?page=3

I need to get the data that was read from the file back into my original
html web page. It's currently stored in memory in an attribute that has
been passed between 2 jsp's in my tiny servlet. I activated the servlet
via a link on my webpage like so:

function popupExternal( linkURL )

{

var winprop = 'width=460,height=
350,resizable=1,scrollbars=0,toolbar=1,navigation=1';

{

   PopWindow = window.open(linkURL, 'externalPopup', winprop);

   PopWindow.focus();

}

.

.

.

.

<a
href="javascript:popupExternal('http://localhost:8022/FileUploadFromClie
nt')"> Upload File of Names </href>

I'm certainly not married to this method, but it was an easy start. I've
been trying to avoid having to add full-up Struts to my application as
this is the only thing I'm using a separate servlet for, right now. I do
feel like I'm missing something obvious... perhaps using a form instead?
I'm a JSP/servlet newbie, obviously.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Janene