commons-user mailing list archives

From "Oliver Zeigermann" <oli...@zeigermann.de>
Subject Re: [transaction] move resource deletes the directory as well
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2007 07:06:09 GMT
Hi David!

2007/8/23, David J. M. Karlsen <david@davidkarlsen.com>:
> I'm using
>
> fileResourceManager.moveResource( txId,
>                                                            inFilename,
>                                                            outFilename,
>                                                            false );
>

> to move inFile to another directory as outfile
>
> ( eg in/filename.txt to out/filename.txt) under the same storeDir.
>
> The file is moved - but what puzzles me is that the directory "in" is
> removed.

In the 1.x version only file resources are managed, directories are
not. So if a directory happens to be empty it will be deleted
(comparable to CVS).

In the upcoming 2.0 version (expect a first beta to be out soon)
directories are also handled programmatically. Thus the issue you
describe should disappear in 2.0. You can have instant access to the
2.0 snapshot from SVN even now. Have a look at the site how to do
that.

HTH

Oliver