commons-user mailing list archives

From "Eric Espares" <eespa...@gmail.com>
Subject how to speed up sql connection?
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 06:00:05 GMT
Hi,

We use Apache Tomcat 5.0.28, jtds-1.2.1 as jdbc driver, DBCP Jakarta-commons
as connection pooling and MS SQL 2000 sp4 as database.  We decided to use
dbcp commons for our connection pooling but the sql connection is not the
same as before. Sometimes we encounter this error:

java.sql.SQLException: Transaction (Process ID 312) was deadlocked on lock
resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim.
Rerun the
transaction.    at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SQLDiagnostic.addDiagnostic(
SQLDiagnostic.j
ava:367)

java.sql.SQLException: Invalid state, the Connection object is closed.
        at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.checkOpen(TdsCore.java:451)
        at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.getMoreResults(TdsCore.java
:630)
        at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.MSCursorResultSet.processOutput(
MSCursorResultSet.java:943)

Any idea on how to solve this problem.

Thanks,
Eric