commons-user mailing list archives

From "Cook, Dennis" <dennis.c...@terayon.com>
Subject [SCXML] Exi of parallel block.
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2007 21:48:01 GMT
I am not sure if this is a bug or the intended behaviour, but it seems
that the any one of the states in the parallel reaches a final substate,
then all of parallel states are exited.  I confirmed this by expanding
on the existing test case that uses the transitions-01.xml state chart
to mark one of the three substates with the final="true" attribute.
When this substate is reached all three of the parallel states are
exited.

However when reading the working draft specification it states:

Parallel is a wrapper element that encapsulates a set of parallel
analogous to <state>. In addition, the <parallel> element holds a set of
<state> elements that execute in parallel and join at the <onexit>
handler of the <parallel> element. In particular, when all of the
parallel substates reach final states, a completion event "ID.done" is
generated, where "ID" is the "id" of the <parallel> element. Either the
<parallel> element or one of its ancestors can trigger a transition off
this event, at which time the <onexit> handler of the element will be
executed.

This leads me to believe that all states of the parallel have to reach a
final state before the tranistion out occurs.

Feels like a bug to me.

Dennis Cook

Motorola - Home & Network Mobility

Sr. Staff Software Engineer

(o) (408) 235-5874

(c) (408) 515-4799

NOTICE: This communication contains information which may be proprietary, privileged or confidential.
 If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the intended recipient),
or believe that you have received this communication in error, please do not print, copy,
retransmit, disseminate, disclose or otherwise use the information.  Also, please indicate
to the sender that you have received this communication in error and delete the copy you received.
 Thank you.