commons-user mailing list archives

From "David J. M. Karlsen" <da...@davidkarlsen.com>
Subject Re: [configuration] Interpolation over several files, commons config 1.4
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2007 22:56:22 GMT
Oliver Heger skrev:

>David J. M. Karlsen wrote:
>

>>Hi!
>>
>>I'm can use interpolation within a property file with success.
>>But I'd like to be able to spread this over several files.
>>
>>F.ex:
>>
>>prop1.properties:
>>var1=somevalue1
>>var2=somevalue2
>>

>>prop2.properties
>>myvar1=${var1}
>>myvar2=${var2}
>>
>>so that the resulting java.util.Properties would contain these values:
>>var1=somevalue1
>>var2=somevalue2
>>myvar1=somevalue1
>>myvar2=somevalue2
>>

>>I can't get this to work - even with a CompoundConfiguration.
>>
>>Any pointers?
>>
>>TIA,
>>David
>>

>It would be helpful if you could provide some code fragments
>demonstrating what you are doing and how you are creating a
>java.util.Properties object. So I am not sure what is going wrong.

See the attached spring-context which uses spring-modules to create a
org.apache.commons.configuration.CompositeConfiguration consisting of
two properties files, prop1 and prop2.

>Interpolation in CombinedConfiguration should work over multiple
>configuration sources. But because I don't know your actual use case I
>can't say whether this helps you.
>
>Did you have a look at the include directives for
>PropertiesConfiguration [1]? Maybe this is an option?

That could be a way to go - but I'd prefer doing this with the
spring-factory bean combining the files as shown

TIA,
David