commons-user mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: unsubscribe
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2007 20:32:40 GMT
We have several mailing lists here at commons, and after the recent TLP
move we added more. If the mails that you get do not have instructions
on how to unsubscribe at the bottom of all mails, there is another way
to find out how do it. Check the headers of the mail. Look for a header
called "List-Unsubscribe". It will contain the unsubscribe address that
you are looking for.

Is you need to find out which of your email-addresses the mails get sent
to, look for the header called "Return-Path". It contains your, slightly
encoded, email-address. You need to send your unsubscribe request from
that address.

Jeff Marendo wrote:
> I have tried repeatedly to unsubscribe to the
> following addresses without success:

> I'm grateful for all of the work that others around
> the world have contributed (and continue to do so) to
> the open source community, but I just want to
> unsubscribe from the mailing lists for the time being.
>
> Note that I've also sent messages to the mailing list
> admin account/email address as well.
>
> Please remove me from the mailing lists.  Thank you.
>
> Jeff

Dennis Lundberg