commons-user mailing list archives

From Scott Dudley <sc...@telesoft.com>
Subject Leaking org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource$PoolGuardConnectionWrapper?
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 17:29:16 GMT

I recently augmented a legacy connection pool with commons-dbcp.  This
pool was developed in-house in 1996 or 97 before there yet existed an
array of open-source alternatives.

The dbcp transplant was easy and straightforward and has worked
splendidly for about 6 months now.  All outstanding pool-related bugs
were remedied with dbcp.

I've recently been instrumenting the application using JProfiler and
noticed that we appear to be leaking
org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource$PoolGuardConnectionWrapper
objects.  The number of instances has grown to 500,000+ in the last 2
days.  No statistics yet on number of connections, etc. but these are
the only pool/JDBC-related objects that show up on the radar.  All else
is as I would expect.

I'm now searching to identify references (and GC roots) but wanted to
poll the forum and see if anyone else has experienced this or might
offer insight as to the cause.

Many thanks.

--

Regards,