commons-user mailing list archives

From Carsten Schlipf <carsten.schl...@hp.com>
Subject JXPath: Does not understand ancestor:: and descendant::?
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 19:25:37 GMT
Hello,

on the JXPath user's guide I have read that the axes "parent::" and
"ancestor::" may be used. However in my code I get JXPathExceptions:

        JXPathContext context = JXPathContext.newContext(object);
        context.getValue("ancestor::");

The call to getValue(String) throws the JXPathException with the
following message:

        Invalid XPath: 'ancestor::'. Syntax error after: 'a'.

A similar exception is thrown for 'descendant::' and 'parent::'. Am I
missing something? Do I have to set a special mode or register the
DescendantContext, AncestorContext and ParentContext classes as
functions somehow? I tried the later but didn't succeed.

Thank you very much for help!

Carsten