commons-user mailing list archives

From DM <donalmurt...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject debug Digester rules
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 21:06:33 GMT
Hi,

I'm using the Apache Digester to parse this XML:

      <subscriber ref="200sub-ref">
        <nn>sub-nick3</nn>
        <pn>2000000003</pn>
      </subscriber>

I've created a SetNestedPropertiesRule with the code:

Digester digester = new Digester();
String[] elementNames = { "nn", "pn" };
String[] propertyNames = { "nickname", "phoneNumber" };
digester.addSetNestedProperties("subscriber", elementNames , propertyNames);

However, it appears that the setNickname() and setPhoneNumber() methods of the object are
not being called. I've tried replacing the code above with my own implementation of SetNestedPropertiesRule
in order to better debug the code. However, I can't find a way to see what methods are being
called on the target object (the object at the top of the stack) and what parameter values
are passed to these methods, any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance,
DM