commons-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: XPathFactoryFinder.
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 15:19:48 GMT
Hello,
  I don't see which, if any, Apache Commons component
your stacktrace refers to.  Are you sure you have the
right list?

br,
Matt

--- david2 <David.Bueche@l-3comcept.com> wrote:

> We have a Web Services Notification application that
> uses Muse, Xalan, and
> XML commons (we have tried both xml-apis-1.3.03.jar
> and
> xml-apis-1.3.04.jar).  We are using XPath message
> pattern filtering as the
> filtering mechanism for web service notification,
> but we also require some
> custom filtering (subclassing MessagePatternFilter
> with
> ExtnMessagePatternFilter).
>
> Our ExtnMessagePatternFilter accept method is as
> follows:
>

> public boolean accepts(NotificationMessage message)
> {
>
> 	Document doc = XmlUtils.createDocument();
> 	logger.debug("doc = " + doc);
> 	Element messageXML = message.toXML(doc);
> 	ogger.debug("messageXML = " + messageXML);
> 	doc.appendChild(messageXML);
> 	logger.debug("appended doc = " + doc);
>
> 	XPathFactory factory = XPathFactory.newInstance();
> 	XPath xpath = factory.newXPath();
>
> 	CompositeNamespaceContext namespaceContext = new
> CompositeNamespaceContext();
> 	namespaceContext.addNamespaceContext(new
> ExtensionNamespaceContext());
> 	namespaceContext.addNamespaceContext(new
> SnaNamespaceContext());
>
> 	xpath.setNamespaceContext(namespaceContext);
>
> 	xpath.setXPathFunctionResolver(new
> XPathFunctionResolverImpl());
>
> 	try {
> 		boolean result =
> ((Boolean)xpath.evaluate(this._pattern, doc,
> 			XPathConstants.BOOLEAN)).booleanValue();
> 		logger.debug("result = " + result);
> 		return result;
> 	}
> 	catch (Exception error) {
> 		error.printStackTrace();
> 		return false;
> 	}
> }
>

> This code works fine in the Eclipse debugger using
> the Maven Dependencies
> plugin.  However, when we perform a Maven build and
> deploy to Tomcat, we get
> the following exception when the XPathFactory is
> instantiated (bold line
> above):
>

> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at

javax.xml.xpath.XPathFactoryFinder._newFactory(XPathFactoryFinder.java:222)
>         at

javax.xml.xpath.XPathFactoryFinder.newFactory(XPathFactoryFinder.java:143)
>         at

javax.xml.xpath.XPathFactory.newInstance(XPathFactory.java:185)
>         at

javax.xml.xpath.XPathFactory.newInstance(XPathFactory.java:99)
>         at

com.myorg.myapp.ws.notification.impl.ExtnMessagePatternFilter.accepts(ExtnMessagePatternFilter.java:69)
>         at

org.apache.muse.ws.notification.impl.FilterCollection.accepts(FilterCollection.java:64)
>         at

com.myorg.myapp.ws.notification.impl.BufferedSubscriptionManager.publish(BufferedSubscriptionManager.java:73)
>         at

com.myorg.myapp.ws.notification.impl.NewsNotificationProducer.publish(NewsNotificationProducer.java:38)
>         at

org.apache.muse.ws.notification.impl.SimpleNotificationProducer.publish(SimpleNotificationProducer.java:420)
>         at

com.myorg.myapp.ws.handler.DDSHandler.run(DDSHandler.java:304)
>         at

com.myorg.commons.util.reactor.ReactorAdapter.run(ReactorAdapter.java:19)
>         at

java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:885)
>         at

java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907)