commons-user mailing list archives

From simon <simon.kitch...@chello.at>
Subject Re: Commons logging - log4j version 1.1.3 and 1.2.13
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2007 16:10:35 GMT
Interesting.

The user API for commons-logging has not changed for a very long time
(ever?) and will NEVER change in future (that would break too much
code). So your solution will work.

However you might try explicitly specifying what logging lib you want
JCL to use rather than letting it "auto-detect". That can be done via a
system property or via a commons-logging.properties file. See the
commons-logging user guide for details.

I'll try to figure out why log4j 1.1.3 isn't detected anyway..

Regards,

Simon