commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Commons SCXML] ECMAScript support
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2007 19:14:32 GMT
On 7/29/07, Simon Gillet <simon.gillet@student.uclouvain.be> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm a student and I'm doing my thesis about CCXML and SCXML.
> I'm trying to do some tests with "Commons SCXML" but I'm surprised.
> It seems that it doesn't support ECMAScript expressions in any place.
> It use JEXL en EL.
<snip/>

Those two out of the box, yes.

> I believed that a SCXML interpreter MUST support ECMAScript compact
> profile.
<snap/>

True, thats what the current WD says. However, the datamodel module of
the spec is in reasonable amount of flux (as I understand it), and I'm
not sure if that statement will hold for the next WD. I intend to
wait.

> Is there a way to enable commons SCXML to parse ECMAScript expressions?

<snip/>

Yes, but with some work. A corresponding ECMAContext and ECMAEvaluator
will need to be authored. More on that here [1].

-Rahul

[1] http://commons.apache.org/scxml/guide/contexts-evaluators.html