commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] Terminate/Halt SCXML state machine from external
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 20:53:46 GMT
On 7/6/07, Ingmar Kliche <ingmar.kliche@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I need to terminate a state machine instance from external (i.e. not from
> markup) to prevent it to process any further event. A SCXMLExecuter.reset()
> is unfortunately more than a pure "reset", it is also a "go" (i.e. the
> initial state is executed and therefore the state machine is again active).
> How do I really _terminate_ a state machine, including all the clean up for
> cancelling existing <invoke>'s etc.?

<snip/>

I think doing this without markup should generally be avoided since it
makes the model incomplete. So, for example, an abrupt termination
would be an event trigger that takes us to a particular <final>. I
presume there is some reason you can't do it that way.

Such support can probably be provided, but I am not too keen on it at
the moment.

-Rahul