commons-user mailing list archives

From "Ingmar Kliche" <ingmar.kli...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] Terminate/Halt SCXML state machine from external
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 21:13:08 GMT
2007/7/6, Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akolkar@gmail.com>:

> I think doing this without markup should generally be avoided since it
> makes the model incomplete. So, for example, an abrupt termination
> would be an event trigger that takes us to a particular <final>. I
> presume there is some reason you can't do it that way.

One major reason is that I don't want to rely on the author. I'd like to be
able to start a state machine and (under some circumstances) to terminate it
from outside - without requiring the author to provide a special transition.

Such support can probably be provided, but I am not too keen on it at
> the moment.
>
> -Rahul

Ingmar.