commons-user mailing list archives

From "Ingmar Kliche" <>
Subject [SCXML] Automatic forward of external events to <invoke>'d components ?
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 17:43:44 GMT

it seems to me that the current implementation automatically forwards
(external) events to <invoke>'d child state machines (or other components):

see: triggerEvents() of

   // Forward events (external only) to any existing invokes,
   // and finalize processing
   semantics.processInvokes(evts, errorReporter, scInstance);
Do I understand this comment correctly? Is this intended? I actually do not
understand the current SCXML WD in this way [1]. I would like to have
control which events to forward to an invoked component at markup level,
something like:

<state id="invoker">
 <invoke targettype="scxml" src="invoked-01.xml">
  <param name="foo" expr="'foo'" />
  <param name="bar" expr="'bar'" />

   <log expr="'Finalizing ...'" />

 <transition event="foo">
  <send event="foo" target="invokedID" targettype="SCXML"
 <transition event="invoker.invoke.done" target="end" />
What do you think?