commons-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Problem with JXPath 1.3 - Registering Namespaces
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 21:44:58 GMT

--- "Mcduffey, Joe" <jdmcduf@nsa.gov> wrote:

> Matt,
>    Thanks for getting back...
> There are 2 problems:
> 1. What steps should be taken if you have an default
> namespace defined? see below
>    <ElementA  xmlns="urn:/myspace"
> A:myAttr="Mytype">
>       <ElementB>MY VALUE</ElementB>
>    </ElementA>
>
> I get no results from
>    JXPathContext.selectNodes("//ElementB");
> However if I register a namespace as the default
> namespace uri I can get my results:

JXPathContext.registerNamespace("myns","urn:/myspace");
> // Default Namespace
>       then query
>    XPathContext.selectNodes("//myns:ElementB");

Joe:  this is as it should be.  See
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JXPATH-61 for a
LENGTHY discussion.

JXPathContext.createPathAndSetValue("ElementA[1]/@A:mystuff,"value");

> For the following
>
>    <ElementA  xmlns="urn:/myspace">
>       <ElementB A:mystuff="junk">MY VALUE</ElementB>
>    </ElementA>
>
> I get an exception thrown saying A

org.apache.common.ri.model.dom.DOMNodePointer.createAttribute
> 	unknown namespace prefix: A

It is my understanding that I have fixed this issue
this afternoon in svn trunk.  If you can verify this,
I'd appreciate it.

> HELP!

If you don't mind some helpful advice in the way of
protocol, all-caps shouts of "HELP" will generally not
help your cause.  This subject, among others, is
covered in the document
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html .

Regards,
Matt