commons-user mailing list archives

From "Mcduffey, Joe" <jdmc...@nsa.gov>
Subject Problem with JXPath 1.3 - Registering Namespaces
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 15:07:41 GMT
Can someone tell me how to register namespaces so that attributes with namespaces does not
cause the exception

org.apache.common.ri.model.dom.DOMNodePointer.createAttribute
unknown namespace prefix: xsi

For example the following
<ElementA  A:myAttr="Mytype">
   <B:ElementB>MY VALUE</B:ElementB>
</ElementA>

Would result in the following exception:
org.apache.common.ri.model.dom.DOMNodePointer.createAttribute
unknown namespace prefix: A

FYI: In this example there was a namespace decaration in the file and I also manually called
the
registerNamespace(A,"/http...");
registerNamespace(B,"/http...");

There was no problem encountered for elements. Only attributes. Can someone help? Thanks.